Saturday 17 May 2008

Saturday morning greens...

All of a sudden things are turning green around here! That fresh, light green of Spring. I went outside to take some pictures...

The lettuce and spinach in the whiskey barrels are coming along nicely:

The birch tree and its catkins:


The kale is still adorable!


The barley is up already!


New buds on the pincherry tree, along with a slightly out-of-focus ant:


Tiny leaves on the aspen poplar trees:


Time to go back outside and weed, right after I make a cup of tea to take out there with me, of course...

Happy Saturday to all!

5 comments:

hmd said...

I can hardly wait to have my own garden...it must be so exciting!

Theresa said...

It really is! It is a lot of work too, but very satisfying.

Anonymous said...

Love the bird house. Did you make it yourself?

Hippie Girl said...

Your kale is doing better than mine! We've had too many frosty nights!

Theresa said...

Cindy, no, that's a 'bought' birdhouse. We went on a bit of a birdhouse buying spree when we first moved out here!

HG - we've been fairly lucky with frost, strangely enough. Hopefully your kale will rebound - I think it's fairly tough stuff.