Friday 22 June 2007

Rain + Sun = Growing Garden

I can't believe how fast things are growing now! It seems like every day there is something new popping out of its little square. As of today the spinach, chard, beets, peas, both types of carrots and the cilantro are sprouting, and the oatgrass and radishes are really taking off! The lettuce is fabulous, but of course I cheated with that.

I can't believe how enthralled I am by this garden! I go out and check on it several times a day, since I've been on vacation from work this week.

It's hard to see in this picture, but if you look closely you can see a stick with six strawberry plants in front of it. This seemed to be the best place to plant these, since we are still expecting to plant grass on the adjacent lawn and so to plant them closer to the lawn would mean they could be disturbed when we are doing all of the grading and raking and such. They will get about 5 hours of sun in this location, which I'm hoping is enough. There are some wild raspberry plants in the vicinity, so that is a hopeful sign.

No comments: