Wednesday 16 May 2007

I want to blog...

For some reason I really feel like writing something, but I just don't know why or what about. I feel a sense of unease, or expectation or anticipation or something, and just can't put my finger on it. I am on the last ten minutes of my lunch hour and wish I could be at home instead, outside. I had a frantic morning at work and I am tired. I was tired before I started. I've been tired for years. I don't know what I am tired of, or tired from, just that I am always tired.

I should exercise more, I should visit my family more, I should read more professional journals (professional anything for that matter), I should do more housework and more yardwork. I should get to know the neighbors and do more baking. I should clean the fridge. It goes on and on.

I also know that I shouldn't be saying "should" to myself all the time. I really need to get more sleep. More restful sleep. I fall asleep fine most nights, but wake up too early most mornings. I get about 4-6 hours of sleep per night, probably. I would really like to get 7-8. My problem is that I am tired in the morning but not in the evening, so I don't go to bed on time. Then when the morning comes it is all I can do to drag myself out of bed.

Lately I have been getting up half an hour earlier to watch a Tai Chi show, and this is helping a bit to get my mornings off to a better start. But I am still dog tired every day. I thought that becoming vegetarian might have helped me feel less sluggish, but it hasn't. I probably eat too much starch and sugar. And I don't exercise enough, by far. I am a yin person. Very yin.