Thursday 14 June 2007

A Repetitious Wardrobe

I don't have very many clothes to wear to work. Pretty much I know what day of the week it is by what I am wearing, and so does everyone else. Frankly, I'm suprised no one has ever commented on it, to my face, anyway. I have always had the feeling that I should go out and buy more clothes for work so my wardrobe is less repetitious. I try to do this from time to time, but can't usually find anything that: 1) I like, 2) doesn't make me look fat, 3) isn't too expensive and 4) goes with the stuff I already have.

But today I happened across a blog about someone who wore the same brown dress for a year, essentially to stick it to the fashion industry and to make a statement about what society tells us we "need" to have or to do to look good and feel good about ourselves. So maybe I don't need to worry about whether it's Thursday and I'm wearing my black cords and pinkish jacket again.

No comments: