Thursday 7 June 2007

Reducing Waste

I have been reading so many environmental/'green' blogs lately that I have really been feeling guilty about the amount of waste/garbage I personally generate. I have made a couple steps in the right direction though. For instance, this month was the first month that I used my Diva Cup throughout my entire cycle. It took a bit of getting used to, but I think it is going to work out fine! I'll only have to use tampons now and then and I will be creating a lot less 'feminine hygeine' waste in the long run. I may be able to give up tampons altogether, when I get better at using the Diva Cup.

I've also been trying to use a lot less toilet paper and fewer paper towels. I don't like the idea that trees are being cut down, mashed up and bleached so I can use them to wipe my butt and blow my nose.

No time to write more now, I'll have to blog again another day.