Here are the rules of the meme:
1. Link to the person that tagged you. 2. Post the rules on your blog. 3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. 4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. 5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.This sounds like good fun! OK, here are my six quirky non-important habits/things:
1) I like to sing off-key on purpose along with the radio, just to see how horribly discordant it sounds. Fortunately for my friends and family, I generally do this just when I'm by myself, driving in my car.
2) One of my favorite snacks is ice-tea powder. Yes, just the powder. It reminds me of those "Lik-a-stik" things we used to have as kids, where you would dip the candy 'stik' into little packages of tart-sweet powder. This stuff is really bad for me, but I love it.
3) I despise pantyhose and pretty much refuse to wear them these days. They are an evil, horrible invention. No leg (or any body part) should be encased in nylon! I get itchy just thinking about it. Blech.
4) When I print, I write my lower case letter 'a' in the typewriter style, instead of in the usual circle-with-a-vertical-line-attached style. This can lead to confusion when the 'a' is thought to be a 'z' instead, leaving me with the name "Theresz."
5) I can't wink. I have to hold one eye closed manually if I want to do so, which kind of ruins the effect. Oh, wait, I can wink on the internet: *wink* See!
6) I love to use big words. Why say "lucky" when you can say "fortuitous?" Why say "smelly" when you can say "malodorous?" This has the side effect of people nodding off when I try to get what should be a quick point across, but it can be good for Scrabble.
So now to tag some 'random' people. I am not sure how to go about doing this in a way that would be even close to truly random, so I will tag some people I have never tagged before, and see what happens:
Mustard Seed Journal - a beautiful, spiritual and peaceful blog.
Label Resistant Life - a fellow Alberta blogger also trying to live more sustainably.
Learning to Step Lightly - also involved in the Riot for Austerity
Kale for Sale - such lovely posts, that draw you right into her lived experience.
Life Less Plastic - lots of tips on how to get the plastic out of your life.
Green Bean Dreams - relaxing posts about simplicity and slowing down.
There are so many blogs out there talking about simplicity, sustainability and and slowing down, it makes me think that change really IS possible! Hopefully this idealism of mine isn't just another quirk!
Picture of kids playing tag courtesy 'Kim and Jason'