Tuesday 24 July 2007

Tomatoes!

While watering the garden today I noticed that a few of the tomatoes on our one tomato plant are almost ready to pick! I have never attempted to grow tomatoes before, so this is quite exciting to me. I have been amazed overall that the things I have planted have actually grown, for the most part, and amazed even further that bugs or plagues or some other such disaster hasn't yet befallen the growing plants.

I am toying with the idea of canning a few things, but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try that. I don't have any of the equipment, but I'm sure I could find what I needed at Value Village or somewhere like that. I probably won't try doing that until next year anyway, when I have some more produce to make it worthwhile to preserve by canning.

Oh, and stay tuned for an update about the EPCOR situation I wrote about in my previous entry....

No comments: