Thursday 26 July 2007

No reply

A few days ago, I blogged about my suspicion that large commercial consumers of electricity are given a cut rate on their electricity prices. I had emailed our local electricity provider here in this part of Alberta, EPCOR. I did receive a reply from them, but their response was just a regurgitation of the information available on their website that pertained to residential and small business customers, not large commercial customers. So I replied to their email, letting them know that I hadn't asked about residential rates, but large commercial electricity rates. I receive an auto-reply saying I would receive a real reply in 3-5 days. It is Day 6, so I sent them another email asking for an answer, or to be directed to someone who could answer the question for me.

I'm willing to bet this email will be ignored just as the previous one was.

If that's the case, I will have to find another way to get the information. Maybe I will have better luck with a phone call, much as I hate making phone calls like that. I think I will have to ask Greenpa how he was able to get his information, that in his area of the US commercial companies pay half price or less for their electricity.

No comments: