Just now it hit me: I've been holding my breath, metaphorically speaking. I feel like the world is teetering, tense. In some respects it's been this way for a long time, but this Fall I have felt it more and more acutely, and most acutely of all today. There are so many things in limbo, so many awaited things. Here are a few that spring to mind:
- Obama taking office - will it happen? Will some kind of traumatic or other event prevent it from going ahead? Does George W. have one last trick up his sleeve to hold on to power?
- Will the whole world's money be used to save banks and car companies? Will they go under anyway?
- Will the stock market stop plunging, or just keep heading south? Will our diligently saved RRSPs be whittled away to virtually nothing?
- Will it snow before Christmas? It's November 27th and we have no snow, and above-zero temperatures - that just seems wrong.
- Will the attacks in Mubai escalate and lead to a nuclear war between India and Pakistan?
- Will the Canadian government fall, again, within months of the last election? Or will a minority coalition form instead?
Any other breath-holders out there?