- The lady I buy my honey-based face moisturizer from at the farmer's market said she would refill my plastic containers for me.
- I ran out of the dried sage leaves I picked over the summer for my tea, and I found a really good deal on a sage plant at a local nursery that should get me through the winter.
- One of the guards at work told me how he makes his own dry oatmeal raisin mixture to take to work for breakfast, and just adds boiling water to cook it when he gets to work. I'm going to copy him. Now I don't have to buy the pre-packaged (and sugar-filled) stuff anymore.
- My dad showed me how he's hooked up his furnace to deep cycle batteries and an inverter in case the power goes out. The same set up will be good to hook up to a solar panel.
- Gord and the 'bag girl' at the grocery store chatted about being vegetarian while packing our groceries into our cloth bags.
Picture courtesy this website