Tuesday 28 October 2008

Thanks! I heart you too!

Last month Jennifer at Veg*n Cooking kindly included me in her list of blogs that she 'hearts.' I've been wanting to pass on her award to blogs that I 'heart' too, and today's the day!

The 'rules' of this award are simple: pass it on to seven other blogs. I decided I would focus on blogs I have discovered more recently, and ones I haven't passed on an award to already. As I mention in my blog policies, I've decided I can break the rules of memes if I want to, so I've chosen just four blogs this time. Here we go, in no particular order:

First, I have to send some love back to Jennifer. She has all sorts of delicious recipes on her blog that really inspire a new vegetarian like me! This weekend I tried her baked sweet potato wedges and they were a delicious combo of sweet and salty tastes - a really nice change from the way I normally prepare sweet potatoes, and so so easy too!

My second pick is the Unstuffed blog. This fellow Canadian's blog is an accounting of her year of not buying anything new, as well as an exploration of our relationship with our 'stuff' and our consumptiveness - very thought provoking and lots of good links to follow too.

Next is Gord over at It Strikes Me Funny. Gord has a way of distilling things down right to the point, and he also has a talent for drawing witty cartoons! He is embracing a lower energy, less consumptive lifestyle and brings these ideas up in his London, Ontario newspaper column as well.

My fourth pick is Heather's Simple-Green-Frugal blog. Sometimes I think she could be my long lost Texan sister! Heather writes about her everyday challenges and accomplishments in a way that encourages people to try right along with her. She is enthusiastic and realistic at the same time - just the right combo to keep me motivated without approaching burn-out.

Thanks to all of you, for being part of my life on a pretty-much-daily basis!

8 comments:

hmd said...

Thanks Theresa! I love your blog too. I always look forward to reading about your adventures. It was your square foot garden that inspired me to start one of my own!

J said...

You really deserve this award Theresa and thank you very much for sending some love back to me. I'm so happy you liked the sweet potato wedges! They are really easy and super tasty!

I too love Heather's blog and am happy you passed it on to her as well. I'm going to have to check out the other blogs you deemed worthy of this award.

Theresa said...

You're welcome Heather! The square foot gardening is fun, isn't it? It really helped me ease into gardening without getting totally overwhelmed. :)

You're welcome too Jennifer and thanks again for nominating me initially :) Those wedges are so easy and tasty, I had them again last night!

hmd said...

SFG is definitely fun and not overwhelming at all. In fact, I'm ready to add a second bed already :)

I go out to visit the garden twice a day. It's so amazing to see how much and how quickly everything grows.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, and I was trying so hard to cut down on Reading Interesting Blogs. I'm already a fan of Gord Harrison (I'm from London too) but now there's three more to check out.

Can't wait to learn more. And thanks :)

G. Harrison said...

Hi Theresa,

Thank you for the positive reinforcement and kind words. My oldest sister always thought I'd be outstanding in some field one day.

I'll finish my column (re reducing consumption), check taste of recent batch of home brew and pass along a few hearts too.

Cheers,

Gord H.

Amber said...

Congratulations on your award and thank you for passing it on to me. You are a wonderful inspiration!

Theresa said...

Jesse - you're welcome - I know what you mean though, I could have a full time job keeping up with all the blogs I like!

Gord, I'm most happy to pass on the heart award to you - you just cut to the chase each time and it's great!

You're welcome Amber - I love to hear about what you're doing and what you're not buying - very inspirational too!