Saturday 26 April 2008

Be a Bookworm Challenge

Thanks to Green Bean Dreams for starting this challenge! I am an avid reader, and always have a couple of books on the go. Usually I have one in my knapsack to read on my lunch hour, one on my bedside table and a few down in the living room to pick up whenever I'm in the mood to read. Which is pretty often. Our living room chair is usually filled with books that Gord and I are reading, have read, or plan to read. So it is with great pleasure that I signed up for this challenge. I'm hoping the weather warms up in May so I can do some of my reading outside, with a nice cup of tea of course!

The two books I'll be reading are already waiting on the chair in the living room. The first one is Blue Gold: The Fight to Stop the Corporate Theft of the World's Water. And the second book is one I've been trying to get through for some time now, but have been distracted by other things: The Places that Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times. Gord has read the first book and says it is must-read material. The second book isn't as dire as the title might suggest - it's written by Buddhist monk Pema Chodron and is a guide to meditation and mindfulness and the development of unconditional compassion.

And if you'd like to join this challenge, but can't decide what to read, I invite you to sign up for my first (annual?) book giveaway!

No comments: